THE ANT NEBULA
The Ant Nebula, aka Mz3, is a young bipolar planetary nebula in the constellation Norma. It is 8,000 light years away from Earth and it has a magnitude of 13.8. It was discovered by Donald Howard Menzel in 1922. The nebula is composed of a bright core and four high-velocity outflows which have been variously named as lobes, columns, rays, and chakram. The gas being ejected travels at 1000-kilometres per second and the structure is one light year long.
So why is this nebula an odd shape? There are a couple of possibilities. One is that the central star of Mz3 has a companion orbiting closely that is exerting strong gravitational forces, shaping the out flowing gas. The second possibility is that the strong magnetic fields are being wound into complex shapes by the spin of the dying star. No other planetary nebula observed by Hubble closely resembles Mz3. M2-9 comes close, but M2-9 has prominent hydrogen emission lines in the near infra-red whereas Mz3 has no trace of molecular hydrogen emission.
Post on M2-9
Photo: R. Sahai (JPL) et al., Hubble Heritage Team, ESA, NASA
Now serving The King in Yellow….
Industrial designs ideas part III.
Checkout out the grey water into toilet one, now that is brilliant and environmental.
Solar powered solutions and smartphone pocket for your jeans!
This is badass
I love these.
Easy there, Satan
I want this. I will totally chase children with this thing, right down the fucking street.
That is some Scooby Doo villain shit right there.
parenting done right
Never not reblog Morticia Addams
The greatest mother in all of fiction <3
I always wanted her to adopt me!!! ;_;
I would be SO happy being an Addams :D
Best scene in the history of tv
"For the last 13 years Japanese photographer Miyoko Ihara has been taking pictures of her grandma, Misao, to commemorate her life. 9 years ago, 88-year-old Misao found a stray odd-eyed cat in her shed: she called it Fukumaru, hoping that “the god of fuku (good fortune) would come and everything will be smoothed over like maru (circle).” Miyoko has been photographing their beautiful friendship and the way they go about their daily routine ever since.”
This is one of those things that will just ALWAYS make me feel good about the world :)
“You fool. No man can kill me.”
How many times am I allowed to reblog this before it gets weird?
This is the face of a woman who enjoys stabbing people in the face to a disturbing degree O.O
Consider: Everyone has treated her like a frail child most her life, even her relatives who trained her to fight. They know she can defend herself and all she wants is to fight. To stand with her kinfolk and defend her world as she knows it.
But they pat her on the head, even Aragorn, who acted as if he understood her did not side with her.. so, she dons the gear, hides herself, and takes a fellow hidden warrior with her.. and they prove to the world
"I am bad ass, lay down your arms or feel my steel."
I would be rather gleeful about taking down the biggest misogynistic magical asshole ever.
"No man can kill me!"
Insane laughter, “Bad news for you asshole!”
THIS IS A GOOD POINT :D
10 Health Benefits of Avocados:
- Prostate Cancer Prevention - Avocados have been shown to inhibit the growth of prostate cancer.
- Oral Cancer Defense - Research has shown that certain compounds in avocados are able to seek out pre-cancerous and cancerous oral cancer cells and destroy them without harming healthy
- Breast Cancer Protection - Avocado, like olive oil, is high in oleic acid, which has been shown to prevent breast cancer in numerous studies.
- Eye Health - Avocados have more of the carotenoid lutein than any other commonly consumed fruit. Lutein protects against macular degeneration and cataracts, two disabling age-related eye diseases.
- Lower Cholesterol - Avocados are high in beta-sitosterol, a compound that has been shown to lower cholesterol levels. In one study, 45 volunteers experienced an average drop in cholesterol of 17% after eating avocados for only one week.
- Heart Health - One cup of avocado has 23% of the recommended daily value of folate. Studies show that people who eat diets rich in folate have a much lower incidence of heart disease than those who don’t. The vitamin E, monounsaturated fats, and glutathione in avocado are also great for your heart.
- Stroke Prevention - The high levels of folate in avocado are also protective against strokes. People who eat diets rich in folate have a much lower risk of stroke than those who don’t
- Better Nutrient Absorption - Research has found that certain nutrients are absorbed better when eaten with avocado. In one study, when participants ate a salad containing avocados, they absorbed five times the amount of carotenoids (a group of nutrients that includes lycopene and beta carotene) than those who didn’t include avocados.
- Glutathione Source - Avocados are an excellent source of glutathione, an important antioxidant that researchers say is important in preventing aging, cancer, and heart disease.
- Vitamin E Powerhouse - Avocados are the best fruit source of vitamin E, an essential vitamin that protects against many diseases and helps maintains overall health
Considering buying Twilight so i can listen to the Robert Pattison commentary